Our Role in Building a Healthier State
Through creating and supporting programs, collaborating with partners throughout the state and adopting regional and national models, we focus on achieving six core objectives:
- Enhancing clinical care, practice support and professional development for rural and underserved health care providers and promoting professional retention and well-being
- Improving the diversity and distribution of South Carolina’s rural health workforce
- Facilitating research necessary to inform strategy, investment and health policy related to rural and primary care in South Carolina
- Increasing access to specialized services for rural and underserved primary health providers
- Promoting collaboration among state entities involved in rural health issues
- Increasing and enhancing rural health professions and interprofessional education opportunities in South Carolina.